View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yeah, all indications are that Crosby is going to bring his A+ game this season.

It should be interesting to see how Jeff Skinner does. Instead of playing, he stayed home in Ontario and worked out. Ideally he will be completely fresh and a lot more muscular.
I just have a question for those who think Crosby is going to be ready to make a statement, sure he's been resting and getting healthy again, but what about the fact that he hasn't played a significant hockey game in a while? As opposed to Malkin and Jagr let's say who have played about 30 games of meaningful hockey and have been dominating their respective leagues?

I think it takes Crosby about 5-10 games to shake off the rust, while Jagr and Malkin will be flying right of the gate. That alone means Crosby probably doesn't sniff at the Art Ross this season.

I personally think that those players who have been inactive will not be as effective as those who have played in Europe or in the AHL and other leagues in North America.

This is a different circumstance than back in 2005-06. Back then, a whole year was missed so everyone started the season at the same time. This time it is different, we are starting the season in January when usually players are in full swing. Those who have been playing will have an upper hand on those that haven't been playing.

Players like Selanne and Alfredsson who are older, might find it harder to shake off the rust.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote