View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
We are in an excellent position to nab a high dollar winger for Sid. Those teams that spent to or near the cap will need to unload to get down to the $64 mil next year.

I for one am thinking Heatley...make an affordable winger + prospect + pick offer that helps us with Sid's wing and helps Min squeeze Suter and Parise into their cap.

ETA: Lines

I still think Cooke will be the guy who moves up into the Top 6. He impressed me when playing with Sid when he came back. He's a gritty guy that can get physical too. Given the options at hand...I think he's the best one.

Cooke/Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Kunitz/Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Tangradi-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Jeffrey

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Engo-Despres/Bortz/Strait/etc
I think that's probably how it works out, but I still think Shero has the cap space to do right by both Sid and Geno if he's really willing to move assets. It will be interesting to see what impact the Staal deal had, if any, on his thinking in this regard.

I don't know . . . I just really don't want to keep wasting years of Sid and Geno so we can have a better third liner or an extra veteran defenseman or keep a prospect because we get married to what he might do even though he likely won't make a significant impact before Sid or Geno turns 30.