Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
01-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Originally Posted by
* backstrom has a neck injury and was mentioned as week to week. i would guess its possible that he may not be ready for nhl play to start.
* i dont know what orlov's issue is.
* ribiero is very unlikely a future player. he is more likely a one year stop gap player holding a position to be taken by johansson or someone else. with the young forwards the caps have coming making any long a commitment to ribiero doesnt make much sense.
* has johansson been a disappointment? maybe i dont remember the hype being that he was going to be more than a solid 2nd line level player. which he seems to be developing into.
* green is on the hot seat. no question. i would not predict him to fail, however. the caps are offensively challenged if he continues to struggle.
* what more does the op expect to get out of beagle? he is a checker. a shutdown checker. if he continues to be successful in that role he need not score much. my only complaint with him was more to do with hunter giving him ovechkin like minutes in his super turtle system.
So do you think trading Eakin for Ribeiro was worth just 1 season? I see them signing him to an extension this season for maybe 1 or 2 sesaons just to ease the transition.
Also I think Johansson was expected to take over the 2C last season but kind of got forced into playing a higher role last season with Backstroms long absence. Hopefully they stop playing him at wing and let him get back to C. I think he is much better there
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MoJoSauce