Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
01-06-2013, 12:15 PM
I Am Score*
Join Date: Dec 2012
Originally Posted by
* backstrom has a neck injury and was mentioned as week to week. i would guess its possible that he may not be ready for nhl play to start.
* i dont know what orlov's issue is.
* ribiero is very unlikely a future player. he is more likely a one year stop gap player holding a position to be taken by johansson or someone else. with the young forwards the caps have coming making any long a commitment to ribiero doesnt make much sense.
* has johansson been a disappointment? maybe i dont remember the hype being that he was going to be more than a solid 2nd line level player. which he seems to be developing into.
* green is on the hot seat. no question. i would not predict him to fail, however. the caps are offensively challenged if he continues to struggle.
* what more does the op expect to get out of beagle? he is a checker. a shutdown checker. if he continues to be successful in that role he need not score much. my only complaint with him was more to do with hunter giving him ovechkin like minutes in his super turtle system.
I think more needs to come from Beagle. I mean, even our checking guys need to contribute SOME points. Beagle had 5 in 40 games with a -2.
I agree with Ribeiro, he's not a future player and is aging. I think he'll stay for a bit like Knuble and Fedorov, though. Definitley more than one season unless a Cup is won.
I would go this for centers, assuming Kuznetsov is on the first line with Ovi once Ribeiro leaves:
If you want to put Kuznetsov as the 2nd center, fine. But you are leaving the first line wide open and breaking up two Swedes in Johansson and Forsberg which could be a deadly 2nd line duo.
I Am Score*
View Public Profile
I Am Score*'s albums
Find More Posts by I Am Score*