Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I think more needs to come from Beagle. I mean, even our checking guys need to contribute SOME points. Beagle had 5 in 40 games with a -2.

I agree with Ribeiro, he's not a future player and is aging. I think he'll stay for a bit like Knuble and Fedorov, though. Definitley more than one season unless a Cup is won.

I would go this for centers, assuming Kuznetsov is on the first line with Ovi once Ribeiro leaves:

Backstrom
Johansson
Laich
Hendricks

If you want to put Kuznetsov as the 2nd center, fine. But you are leaving the first line wide open and breaking up two Swedes in Johansson and Forsberg which could be a deadly 2nd line duo.
knuble and fedorov where huge successes and leaders. you think ribiero is going have a major impact this season? ribiero is a nice player, but he is nothing like either fedorov or knuble. that is a bad comparison.

hendrick just is not a center and frankly i am not sure that laich isnt a better top 6 winger than a match up center. i am not at all convinced that laich is as good a match up center as beagle. i am pretty sure that mcphee likes beagle a lot. so....