View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
We are in an excellent position to nab a high dollar winger for Sid. Those teams that spent to or near the cap will need to unload to get down to the $64 mil next year.

I for one am thinking Heatley...make an affordable winger + prospect + pick offer that helps us with Sid's wing and helps Min squeeze Suter and Parise into their cap.

ETA: Lines

I still think Cooke will be the guy who moves up into the Top 6. He impressed me when playing with Sid when he came back. He's a gritty guy that can get physical too. Given the options at hand...I think he's the best one.

Cooke/Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Kunitz/Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Tangradi-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Jeffrey

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Engo-Despres/Bortz/Strait/etc
Personally, I think we're in a terrible position to be adding any type of multi-year salary at all. Resigning Geno and Letang is gonna be tight enough (and both are money better spent than $7 mil per for what's left of Heatley).

But I'm in total agreement about Cooke. He doesn't have good enough hands to make him an ideal top 6 forward, but he's smart, hard-working, situationally aware, can work the boards, knows when to go to the net and just generally does his job.

I love this goal of Cooke's.

Crosby makes an insane play here, but Cooke sees the 2 on 1, just goes to the net leaning on his stick and assumes that Sid will put the puck in scoring location instead of trying to guess how Sid will get it there, which might have lead to another guy flubbing the pass because it was so unconventional.