View Single Post
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Cooke and Dupuis are well into their thirties and won't be around in a few yrs. Tangradi has ideal size to wear down the opposition and generate offense.

I'd say he is ideal for the third line. He and Vitale did quite well in a checking line role in WBS.

I've been spouting the same thing for awhile about giving Crosby and Malkin legit wingers. However, people have tunnel vision with Tangradi and don't understand he can have value beyond a top six role.
Sweet Jesus . . . trying to watch Malkin's last KHL game this season. Sick pass from Kumy, sick backhander on the goal from Geno.

You know, I finally bought King of Russia and read King's explanation for why he played Kumy with Geno. He sees the play develop like Geno, he knows when to fill so Geno can take chances offensively, and Geno completely trusts him.

Some people here say 'Kulemin scored 7 goals last year, give Tangradi and a 2nd to get him'. Me, I see a guy who would bring a Malone type dynamic on the ice to a line with Geno. Not the snarl of course, but better in other areas.

Shero won't do it, but if he paid the price to get Kumy (the Harrington caliber as part of a deal price, IMO), then it would take one game of Kumy-Geno-Neal to make any naysayers realize their folly.

EDIT: I'd give Burke TK, Tangradi, and a guy like Harrington to get him, but I'm probably a minority of one here. Then again, if that were the price and Shero paid it, he'd have the assets and the cap space to add an impact winger to play with Sid and Kunitz and a defensive presence and still have prospects in the cupboard. He's drafted all of these guys. I'd rather parlay a few for Sid and Geno now.