View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post

Shero won't do it, but if he paid the price to get Kumy (the Harrington caliber as part of a deal price, IMO), then it would take one game of Kumy-Geno-Neal to make any naysayers realize their folly.

EDIT: I'd give Burke TK, Tangradi, and a guy like Harrington to get him, but I'm probably a minority of one here. Then again, if that were the price and Shero paid it, he'd have the assets and the cap space to add an impact winger to play with Sid and Kunitz and a defensive presence and still have prospects in the cupboard. He's drafted all of these guys. I'd rather parlay a few for Sid and Geno now.

Meh i don't know kirk. You seem awfully confident about that. Yes they obviously have game, but it's not a guarantee it'll work in the NHL and plus i think TK + Gradi + Harrington-esque is overpaying for someone like Kulemin. In order for that to work it feels like you're expecting some of the kids in the AHL to be ready to step up, which i'm really not sure they are.

With this said - Would i like to have Kulemin here? Of course.
But the fact is that I don't see it happening. Granted, Toronto seem to be high on Tangradi, i'm not sure they'd swap Kulemin out.