View Single Post
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
RIP Elmer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I think that's probably how it works out, but I still think Shero has the cap space to do right by both Sid and Geno if he's really willing to move assets. It will be interesting to see what impact the Staal deal had, if any, on his thinking in this regard.

I don't know . . . I just really don't want to keep wasting years of Sid and Geno so we can have a better third liner or an extra veteran defenseman or keep a prospect because we get married to what he might do even though he likely won't make a significant impact before Sid or Geno turns 30.
Indeed. With the money we are already spending, its reasonable to give both Sid and Geno a star wing and then plug in a 2nd.

Is what I'm betting on for "opening night".

Something like:

is not that unreasonable and will serve us better in the long run if we can lock that 1st line winger in for a longer contract. Then let Kunitz/Dupuis/Bennett/Tangradi/etc fill in the other wing. Game of duos. It still allows us to be flexible on the 3rd line. We just need to get a little more realistic about what prospects we have and where they can fit.

Be interesting to see what Shero's thoughts are on the upcoming RFA's and UFA's. Dupuis comes back, Cooke is a ?, TK is as good as gone IMO.