View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I've seen this mentioned quite a bit in this thread. What exactly makes it "unsustainable?"
There's a theory that, all things being equal, an individual player's shooting percentage will fall within a certain area. If it drifts too far in either direction, then it stands to reason that it will eventually correct itself. It's similar to BABIP in baseball (batting average on balls in play, which deals with "pitching luck").

There's certainly something to it, although I think it's both very possible and very easy to oversimplify. I've had good success tracking both hockey and baseball on both ends of the spectrum, although not close enough to 100% (or even 75%) to make it absolute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
By the way, I love how you conveniently ignored my last post, then you ignore the post that GWOW puts up there about the others who also scored 5 or more goals since 93 as a rookie in the playoffs.

By the way, Chris Drury, Bobby Ryan, Milan Hejduk, Simon Gagne, Erik Cole and Jason Pominville were never 1st liners????

You've said some ridiculous things in this thread, but 2 former 40 goal scorers (Hejduk who won a Rocket Richard LMFAO - and Gagne), a power forward that's had 30 goal seasons (Cole), one of the top goal scorers in the NHL since his arrival (Ryan) and a guy who just put up 80 points this year (Pominville) aren't 1st liners?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WOW.

This guy is unbelievable.
I like how you ignored my post entirely, containing a huge list of other rookies and first-time playoff performers who didn't come out as first-liners or first-pairing defensemen.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=436

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote