Old
01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Did you watch the past NHL Playoffs?
Yes I did. I predicted it from the beginning.. I took one look at the Kings roster before the playoffs even started and said "Wow, this team is winning the Cup. All-around talent". So don't make it look out like I have no idea what i'm talking about. I didn't just shoot in the dark here, I saw their overall depth and was amazed. Even at the goaltender position they are stacked (Quick AND Bernier)

You can't go based on each past NHL playoffs, each one is different. What wins you games in longetivity are all-around players. Boston won the year before and some would say "okay, let's make our team tougher" but how long did that last? Boston is suddenly a complete mystery what's going to happen. Both teams had to ride an extremely hot goaltender to the Cup finals to win it.

If you want to get past the first or second round you need all-around players. Even to win the Cup you need all around good players. Those "tough guys" you're talking about still helped produce with the team. Dustin Penner is considered a big guy and look what he did? Even Dustin Brown who was once considered a scrap player helped dramatically .They are pointless if they are going around hitting people and no one on their line can score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Considering Brad Richards and Mike Ribeiro didn't play on the same line and Jamie Benn took the defensive pressure that Richards previously faced, how would Richards' departure impact Ribeiro?
Brad Richards was that team. Ribeiro still has success when he has virtually no one around him other than Benn and Eriksson. I can guarantee you he will have success with whoever is on his line this season. He's a very promising player, one of the most underrated in the league. People will expect guys like Ovechkin, Laich, maybe Johansson to have a big season. Watch out for Ribeiro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
@brad, being "a fan of my whole life"....how long as that been? your whole life. it occurs to me maybe you need more life experience.
Nice insult. I'm in college and i've been a fan since the Bondra and Kolzig days. My dog is named Bondra and my favorite all time player is either Kolzig or Halpern. I'm not new to this.