View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I'd be shocked if Sather traded the Redden Contract. All the teams are well above cap floor. A guy like Rozival was attractive because his cap salary was well above his actual salary however Reddens actual salary is only 1.5 M below the Cap no. And Redden sucks. Rozival was decent for Phoenix and they wanted to get rid of WW. Phoenix actually saved actual dollars by doing this.

Our big problem is we have to sign MDZ, McD, Hags and Stepan for 2013-14. Right now including a buyout of Redden, the Rangers will have approx. 12.5M to sign these four players. And that gives them no room for maneuvering. Some people talk about buying out Gabby but that will put us in the same boat we were in before the Nash Trade. I wont part with Cally, Staal or Danny G so our option to pick up Cap space will be to buyout either Rupper or Pyatt. That would only give us about 1.5M in wiggle room.

It will be very interesting to see how Sather manages to get the 4 players signed and keeping this team together.
I wouldn't be shocked, Redden can serve as a 3rd pair defenseman and he will be receiving a pro-rated salary making him more affordable for a team looking for a depth defenseman. If Sather were to include a decent pick or prospect with him for future considerations there could very easily be a taker. Then if Redden is a bust he is a 1 of 2 compliance buyouts next year. There is not much to lose for a team looking for a depth d-man who needs a change of scenery and comes with a pick/prospect.

As Rangerboy pointed out with Redden our cap is 63 million at the moment and you can take off 1.25 million for Sauer, so we can afford to keep him, but by moving Redden we open up some space for a high priced rental.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote