View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Keep in mind that JD now runs the CBJ. I have heard him speak on multiple occassions since coming to Columbus and also take note of how he handled things in St. Louis. DOn't be surprised if Johan remains in Springfield to play big minutes as a center. With Dubi, AA, Brass and MacKenzie there is some depth to play center in Columbus (not saying great players but 4 proven NHL centers). Can add Umby to that and Letestu also.

I see Cam coming up - no brainer - and two d-men. Moore is injured but would be one when healthy. I could see Prout or Holden being the other one (or both initially). Granted, having Erixon learn from some of the vets in C-bus could be beneficial too.

I'm not ruling out a minor signing or trade to add some depth up front (especially if they do keep Johan in Springfield). Based on roster numbers there are only 12 forwards (including Cam and Johan) that appear to be on the capgeek roster.

I think Springfield loses a little with the agreement but I just don't get the impression they'll lose the bulk of their team.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote