View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
First, I agree with those saying it is premature to decide on that. We will have to see how both of them perform this season. One thing I feel strongly about is that Kaberle will have to be moved after this season as we will have to start integrating the new D wave currently in Hamilton. With Markov back, even not 100% the player he was, and PK, Diaz and Beaulieu, Kaberle becomes redundant considering his softness and poor defensive play. While Bourke will have three more years left on his contract, his cap hit is more managable and he can be that depth scorer on the third line. I hope Kaberle plays well enough to be tradable with the deadline with only one year left on his contract. Marek Zidliky case should help as he was in a silmilar situation contractwise and even worse perfomance-wise but was aquired by the Devils at the deadline and helped them during the playoff run.
Will we? I don't know about that. I assume you're talking about Beaulieu, Tinordi and Ellis? I'd assume we can bring in the most ready of those as a #9, injury replacement in 13-14, in the starting 6 in 14-15. IMHO none of them have been forcing the issue in Hamilton so far, they still have plenty of room for improvement.

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote