View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think Cizikas bring enough energy and defensively responsible play, to be fine in that 3rd line spot. I was happy with both Cizikas and Ullstrom after their 2011-2012 callups. I look to them for defensive play, more of a shutdown role, not scoring.

With the isles counting on Strome/Brock Nelson to develop, aren't we waiting to see if one doesn't end up eventually take Nielsen's 2nd line spot, pushing Frans to the 3rd line and Cizikas down to the 4th line? Reasoner is a ufa this summer.

I'm a lot more concerned with the scoring from the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line. Can those three provide consistent secondary scoring? 17 of Bailey's 32 pts came in the last 5-6 weeks of the season. Most of KO's 24 goals came after Jan. 1st.
I think they'd prefer one of Strome/Nelson impress at camp and play in that 2C, letting Frans slide back into the 3C where he's a better fit. I suppose if neither of them prove to be ready, you will end up seeing Frans as the 2C and one of Cizikas/Sundstrom as the 3C(or even Ullstrom, for that matter).

My gut tells me the Isles are hoping for one of Strome or Brock to be ready though, considering their need for secondary scoring. I don't think they will give them a roster spot for the sake of it though, IMO they will have to earn it. Rightfully so.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote