Old
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Then why the fuss over Bourque? Term?

I get the disappointment in Bourque, but at 3.3 million, I really don't see the brew-ha-ha with him nor do I see the same sense of urgency in buying him out as I do with someone like Gomez. He gets paid 800K more than Prust on similar term. Nothing back breaking. When you consider the winger depth of the habs, he isn't taking anyone else's roster spot either.

I'd like to see Kaberle bought out for the simple fact that we have too many softer puck moving D on the backend. Removing him will open up a spot for either one of Tinordi, Beaulieu or Ellis (if ready, though they may not be) or to bring in someone to complement the D core a lot better than what it is now.
mostly because i don't see much use with either player. While Moen and Prust are what i consider to be top players, for 3d/4th line roles, i don't consider that bourque is top player for a 2d/3d line, nor is Kabs for D. So given that there should be better options to replace Kabs/Bourque, they would fall into "buy out". But at the end of the day, either player can prove us wrong if they get a chance, more so Bourque, since Kabs is getting old.

Gomez is the only sure thing when it comes to buying out a player.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote