Thread: Goaltending
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Sensbrah

vCash: 500
Anderson was terrific for us from roughly the mid-point of last season until our eventual playoff exit. The only blemish on his record last year was that he was a bit hot and cold to start... but given he missed a few games early for "personal reasons" who is to say that is entirely his fault? Perhaps there were off-ice family matters or similar issues impacting his play. I am not making excuses for his mediocre start but it is a possibility. And again, he had a great year overall. Better than the numbers would indicate I would argue. I felt more confident in him than any Sens goalie in history not named Hasek. And Lalime and Emery had some pretty decent years.

I can't believe some are even entertaining the idea of trading him. It doesn't matter how impressive Lehner has been in the AHL.... Sens fans should know better than anyone that you don't move proven, high-caliber NHL goaltending without a sure-fire replacement in line unless other circumstances are at play (e.g. the contract is simply too hefty, they are old enough that it is simply time to groom the replacement, etc).

Sensbrah is offline   Reply With Quote