Thread: Amnesty Buyouts
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Happyhary9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
As far as I have seen it explained, you will not be able to buy a player out and then resign him. That's my understanding.

If you were a player who has been as good as Hossa and has made as much money as him, would you even resign with a team that bought you out and then wants you for less than what your current contract was? I wouldn't resign with the same team.
The reason you can not resign a player after buying him out is because it makes it easy to circumvent the cap.

Why would Hossa not take this arrangement, Hey Marion what we are going to do is buy you out so you get all your money from your contract plus resign for some more money and they we have extra cap space to improve the team as well.

Also I don't see Hossa getting bought out at all. Now way Rocky pays Hossa 30 mil to not even dress for the Hawks. Plus in all reality after this year Hossa only is a risk for three years after that he only gets a 4 mil salary for one year and then 1 mil per year after that. He becomes a salary cap floor teams wet dream at that point. Cheap owner gets to pay a mil in real money and gets a cap hit of 5.5 mil.

Just way to many reasons why Hossa does not get bought out.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote