View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
As a goalie I find this offensive - some whine and complain after little bumps just like some players do (many players) - however until you've played in net at a high level you don't realize how many injuries goalies get because of these bumps. Its different when you're standing on your feet usually but when you're on your knees in a butterfly or in an awkward position and you get hit, it takes a huge toll on your muscles. Additionally even with the "pounds of padding" a lot of shots still hurt. I've played both as a player and a goalie in competitive hockey and I can tell you that unless you experience it (the knocks goalies take) - you really can't know for yourself.
That's a load of crap when you consider the Lucic / Miller situation. If Miller is going to go out there and play the puck he might as well have charged Lucic and I can think of a lot of ways to plow into an opposing player with all that padding and do some significant damage.

Miller didn't even brace himself. You can sure as hell bet Hextall would have found a way to clear the puck and give Lucic an injury at the same time.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote