Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikTBo View Post
Can't we try O'Brien on defense? He has played D before. I don't know how long it's been but it's worth trying.
lol why search for weird options like that? Benoit, Wiercioch, Eckford and even Gryba would be better options by far

Assuming that Borowiecki is the 6th/7th D-man, we only need 2 guys and I think Wiercioch is going to be one of them

And apparently Lundin is going to be back in a few weeks

Karlsson, Gonchar, Cowen, Methot, Phillips, Lundin, Borowiecki

Need a 3rd/4th D-man and a 6th/7th D-man

Conclusion : Wiercioch and Borowiecki graduate but we need some experience to replace Cowen's spot... can't have 3 unexperimented guys on the blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
there's a couple of crappy UFA's out there too. Ryan Parent, Chris Campoli types.

edit: beaten.

edit2: also, paul ranger is playing for the marlies, but on an AHL contract with an NHL out. We'd offer him a better chance to play than toronto at this point, i'd assume.
Ranger would be a very good option... The guy had a great potential back then and was starting to reach it. If he serious and really want to be a NHL player now, he's got what it takes to be a second pairing D-man

Methot-Karlsson
Ranger-Gonchar
Phillips-Wiercioch
Borowiecki

If Ranger is as good as he was 3 years ago, we would be fine with that group

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
It'll be fun to see what happens with Lehner. He's outplayed Bishop in AHL for sure
Bishop wasn't supposed to play in the AHL (didn't even had a contract). The fact that Lehner is Bingo's N.1 has nothing to do on "what will happen"

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote