View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Would anyone right now take Laughton over a struggling Wellwood?
Nothing more than the 9 game trial. He needs the time to develop his offensive game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
we were using Jake on the point last year, he's got good movement, but doesn't have a big point shot, Coburn has played on the PP in the past, he could be a second unit guy, Mez when he gets back can be on the second unit too
Jake played the "point" on the 1st PP with Timonen. They run the umbrella so Giroux and Voracek work the half wall, Timonen at the point, Hartnell and Simmonds down low.

Coburn hasn't consistently played the PP since 2010. Even then he's not a QB type which is the need on the second pairing. Mez has a heck of a shot to be a triggerman but even when he was healthy last year Lavs didn't give him consistent time. Gus is the only defenseman I can really see being a QB. Read could possibly do it. Couturier like I said could do it, but I'd be a little bit worried about his foot speed as the lone man back.

Second unit could look like this:

Schenn-Briere-Read
Gus-Couturier

Its pretty likely he goes 4 forwards on both PPs. Just a matter of who QBs it. The second unit lacks a big body presence IMO.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote