View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:26 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
Is that right? Why not?
The Flyers didn't put him on the CHL recall list. He's not eligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Why would it be dumb? If i remember correctly he has played wing at times this past season. Nothing dumb trying him there
Unless you want to completely ignore player development, it is a foolish idea. First off, he needs the time to develop his offensive game at the junior level. He's decent offensively now, but you want him to take his game to the next level. You play him on the big club, he'll get limited ice time and no PP time. How is that good for his development? Secondly he is a natural center whose game is centered around his two way play. Playing a raw, 18 year old, out of position at the highest possible level wouldn't make much sense. You can get better production and not burn a year off his ELC if someone else is in that spot.

I'm all for him getting the 9 game trial if there is an injury or he proves his worth, but I think people are getting a little spoiled by what Couturier did last year. Couturier had already dominated his league for two seasons, was more mature, and a year further along in his development.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote