View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 04:32 PM
TKFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'm thinking all this means is that the Kings intend to have a bit of a training camp and want Martin Jones spending a week (or so depending on the length of camp) under the watchful eye of the Kings staff and working with Bill Ranford, Bernier and Quickie.

For all AHL fans, I do feel for them as I expect a portion of their team will temporarily be in NHL camps. I almost wonder whether it would make sense for the AHL and ECHL to take a break and get sorted out after this? Some teams in the AHL will be hit hard by the NHL returning. I'm thinking Oklahoma City especially, since basically they were the Edmonton Oilers.

Perhaps, the other thing this might mean (and I am just speculating) is that Bernier is not coming back from Germany. I know he was unhappy with riding the pine during the regular season, Lord Stanley probably softened his stance a little. But, perhaps he decided that a hold out is worth his time, if the Kings won't trade him.

However, this could also be us making a mountain out of a mole hill. Perhaps, the backup in Manchester is hurt and the Kings have decided that Berube will benefit from being the backup in Manchester for a bit?

Edit: I haven't been following the Monarchs that closely. I had no idea Martin Jones had a hammy problem as of late.

At this point there isn't really what's called a back up goalie in Manchester.....ever since Jonesy lost 9 games in a row. Jones did win Friday night, was supposed to play Saturday night, but per Mark Morris, Jones has a hamstring injury. No indication as to how serious it is though.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote