View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:14 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I know Kesler is recovering but I just don't see Schroeder making the NHL. Obviously he'll be given an opportunity at camp. Corrado has no chance of making it this year so why mess with his development? He's only got 3 months left if he doesn't get traded to memorial cup contender. He can go the the AHL at the end of the season.

As far as the Canucks not wasting the season I agree and that's exactly why they shouldn't waste a spot with Corrado right now. They need to bring this team together ASAP.
If the OHL trading deadline remains Jan 10th, it could affect the ability of Sudbury to trade him, but they could still do a conditional trade dependent upon the number of games he plays in the OHL. I agree, there is very little chance he makes the Canucks team, but any time you can have your own coaches and training staff work with a young player you have to consider it. Also, if he stays with Sudbury, he likely becomes available to the Chicago Wolves earlier.

With a shortened camp there won't be any preseason games. So if you are going to run scrimmages you need at least 30 - 40 players. You can do this with "camp fodder" free agents, but it's better to have a look at players who are in your system.