View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I don't like jumping to go negative on a coach. It usually takes me a while.

So I'll first say I understand why Willie is playing to win, and besides his run ins with the OKC Barons, he's done an excellent job of turning these guys into a very good team.

I don't like that he's not exactly prospect-centric in a developmental league .... but I think it's impossible to say Austin Smith should be characterized has quiet in the AHL when he really hasn't been given any opportunity other than on the 4th line.

I personally believe the time in the ECHL was great for Smith, and there is no reason this guy should be playing limited minutes in the AHL from this point forward.

True. I don't think 4 games with 4th line mins is enough to evaluate this guy. He gained huge confidence here and if he gets time with guys who can play he will put up numbers. Just needs to open the flood gates and he will produce. He is always the best guy on the ice in the ECHL that has (until now) had a pretty deep talent pool, especially with goalies. Not sure how much room will be made by the end of the lockout but I hope he gets a legit shot.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote