View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Can you tell me as to why assist totals don't matter? Gaborik is a sniper, but his APG ranks him 37th amongst active NHL players. He is more than a sniper, he is just the more creative offensive talent, thus the discrepancy in point totals. I am sick of the linemate excuses for Nash, Gaborik hasn't done any better. In Gaborik's first season, he played on a line with Eric Christensen and a past-his-prime Vaclav Prospal and still put up career numbers. He's proven he can score on inept offensive teams and stacked teams. As of now, Rick Nash has a lot to prove to be in the same conversation as Gaborik.

Rental players strongly diminishes his value. Imo Gaborik's value >>> Perry's because of the extra year on the contract. Perry can just walk and the team will lose him for nothing.
Assist totals don't matter because Gaborik has played with a LOT more talent in his career, even when he was with Minnesota. I already said that. One year with bad talent doesn't erase that for Gaborik.

Regardless of which player you like, there aren't 3 >>> between the values of Perry and Gaborik. That's ridiculous homering. Gaborik's one year is offset by his huge cap hit in a year where the cap is going to drop almost as much as his cap hit. Perry's pending UFA status is offset by the fact that he's EXACTLY the type of player that could put a team over the top for a cup run. Which is more valued depends on what the situation is for each team.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote