View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Lou needs to change this dated philosophy of his. I understand if he thinks it's a distraction to do it during the season, but why not the Summer before? I don't put Parise on him at all, but if we lose some of these guys this Summer I'll be pretty iritated with the way Lou's been doing business. Last July 1st was a mess. Marty shouldn't have had to sniff the UFA market, and neither should Patty this year unless he absolutely wants to.
Marty probably wasn't his fault. At/after July 1, the whole situation with Marty was waiting for the Parise thing to play out. Pretty much all of our free agents knew that and waited it out, knowing that the distribution of dollars was unknown until that part was factored in. Once it was known what the Devils were going to offer at least, that's when the other dominoes could start to fall in place. That's exactly how it played out with all of the guys that stayed. And lets not forget the small possibility Brodeur was intrigued to experience free agency, even if he had no intention of leaving. This was his first time hitting unrestricted free agency after all.