View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
6w, 1ot in last 12 now! Go Slovan!
I'm more impressed by 8 games at home in a row now being undefeated in regulation time. That is promising for the play-offs. Slovan has now beaten the top 2 Western teams (SKA, Lokomotiv) and the top 3 Eastern teams (Ak Bars, Avangard, Magnitka) at home, and the home losses against Dynamo Moscow and CSKA were very close. Home game against Traktor coming up now on Tuesday, but it looks like Slovan does not necessarily need to fear any of the top 4 seeds when playing at home! And you can always snatch an away victory...

Is it true there will be no shootouts in the KHL play-offs? I heard some folks mention that in online discussions. I'd love that. Shootouts don't belong in play-offs, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Visnovsky has gotten a pretty raw deal in NA since the Kings screwed him over trading him days before his NTC kicked in and a couple of years before they became contenders
I think it was hours, not days... he got traded on the last possible day, I think. For the Kings it turned out to be a good move, eventually, as they got several players from the Oilers who helped them win the Stanley Cup, most notably Jarret Stoll. Must have been very tough on Lubo, though. He just gave an interview to a Slovak weekly magazine where he says he was so unhappy in Edmonton he considered ending his hockey career there. Worst team in the NHL back then, bad relations with the coach, even Lubo's private life falling apart.

What I don't understand is why Višňovský and Sekera were saying good-bye in today's game instead of on Tuesday in the game against Traktor. I liked what Datsyuk said today, essentially: "The new CBA isn't on paper yet, so I expect to play at least a couple of additional games for CSKA."

I'm afraid Slovan will sorely lack Višňovský and Sekera on Tuesday against Traktor. With those two gone and Štajnoch still injured, that's Slovan's top 3 defencemen missing in action. The Slovan management made the mistake of getting rid of the reliable Swedish defenceman Boumedienne around Christmas, and this may now cost them dearly. Are they going to tackle Traktor with junior defencemen or what?