View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Dunno, I watched all his games that were on TSN, but only really focused on him in the last one, and thought he really didn't do much on his own. Really thought Kuraly was crap, though. But still. Nice 1st goal, that was sweet, but not a lot else. If you told me that guy was a 3rd overall NHL pick, I'd have said "no freakin' way". Same for a few other high picks, though. Conversely lots of lower picks looked great. It's just a short stretch of games. I'd throw it out. Obviously he has a bigger resume than just that, and obviously he's coming to camp, and let's just see how that goes, maybe + 9 regular season games if that's allowed too, forgetabouttheWJC.
Yeah I don' think that the WJC dictates wether a player or not will be a good NHLer. But I don't agree when people judge Galchenyuk's WJC as they would be judging his play in Sarnia. He didn't have the same amount of ice time, the same role or the same quality of players on his line, but he still was able to produce like he was on a top line. And not only his points, but the offense he generated on very limited chances to do so.

I was more impressed than not with his performance at the WJC. But I know the NHL is another thing and he'll be in much different circustances.