View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Like I said, I have no problem with Boychuk's tools. His decision using those tools leaves a lot to be desired.

Yes, it's impressive that he can burn a defender or dangle his way past 1 or 2, but if he's dangled himself into a weak angle shot, it's not much use. He has a very "Staal" way to play, where he loves to take control and be "the guy".

Looks great when it works, but most of the time, it's just 1 player taking on 5 defenders. His decision-making needs work, but his speed and his hands looked close to NHL-ready.
Like I said, I disagree. I saw no issues with his decision making in this game. He was in the right spot in the defensive zone, he made good passes out of that zone, he made good passes in the neutral zone and created a lot of scoring chances for both him and others. And it wasn't just "dangling and a player going 1 on 5".

Based on the comments in this thread, most others seem to agree. Sounds like you had a pre-conceived notion and picked a few things to try and make your point. We obviously saw it differently.

I have no idea if he'll ever be a good NHL player and I'm not commenting on the quality of competition, but based on what I saw this game, he was one of the better forwards on the ice...both his skill set and his decision making.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote