Old
01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
What results? Really.

Kaberle is terrible. Bouillon is a 7th d at best on a good team. Diaz and Weber are also borderline NHLers.

And we don't have a #1.
Two out of four of those guys will be healthy scratches anyways.

Kaberle is terrible as a 1-4 Dman, give him sheltered minutes as a 5-6 guy with plenty of PP time and he serves a good purpose.
Gorges is a proven shutdown D.
PK is a #1, not sure how people still dare to argue against that.
Markov, is a question mark, but if he can still mostly healthy, we got a great Dman in him. PP QB.
Emelin was impressive in his rookie year, he got invited (as well as Markov) to the KHL all-star game, so I think it's to assume he's doing pretty well over there this year.

So, it's really not THAT bad.
As the 6th Dman, it'll be between Bouillon-Diaz-Weber. I wasn't for Bouillon but he does bring some ruggedness. Not sure what shape he's currently in after this lockout, it'll be interesting to see.
Diaz, is close to averaging 1 pt/gp in Swiss-A league. He's doing very well this year and last season was good for us until getting injured. I fully disagree with you that he's a borderline NHLer. He has his spot imo, and I'd hang on to him. Wouldn't want to lose him the same way we lost Streit.
Weber will likely be moved because of all the same type of Dman we have and how he's behind them all in terms of depth.

I wouldn't call our defense horrible, uni-dimensional is more like it. But we could be a very fast puck moving team.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote