View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
I haven't really seen Matt Finn play. Can someone describe what type of game he brings? Is he physical, can he shutdown other teams best players, is he primarily offensive defenseman?

His numbers are very impressive so far. He is almost PPG as a defenseman, which is really awesome.
He's a leader and a very smart defenceman especially with positioning. He's not the strongest skater, but he can get around and can also jump into the rush. And he's not the most physical player but he can be tough when he wants to be and when he's protecting the net plus he is has a very good stick in the defensive zone. He makes a great first pass, can make plays and has a really good shot from the point. He is prone to making the odd turnover in his own zone with the puck especially when there is an agressive forechecker(s), but overall, what sets him apart is his smarts with and without the puck.

Finn is a two-way defenceman. He plays on the number one penalty kill and his ability to make plays along with his big shot from the point allows him to be a mainstay on the powerplay.

BTW, the number of goals he has should tell you just how good his shot is.

I;m not great at comparing players to NHL, but if I had to, I'd say right now he reminds me of James Wisniewski.

Last edited by Atomos2: 01-06-2013 at 08:01 PM.