View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Or both sides decided to wait until the CBA was signed because there very likely could've been changes to arbitration or RFA eligibility? No, that's crazy talk. O'Reilly and other high profile unsigned RFAs like Henrique, Benn, and Subban all just have excessively high demands.
Exactly. My bet was always that UFA eligibility was the reason for this. That was a huge mystery as to what it would end up being in the new CBA, and could have been pushed back or forth to appease one side in negotiation.

I just hope they sign him quick now that the CBA is agreed on, and then make a statement like "we look forward to having Ryan on the team for a long time" to put a rest to all this panicking. This is not a contract holdout, and this has become Greg Sherman's and the player ops team not PL's. I think he has finally put away his puppet strings in the last year or so.

Not to mention you got to think even PL and probably Sakic realize what a loss A character two way center like Drury was, and won't repeat that with the new version in O'Reilly.