View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
For the love of god, do not put Booth on Schroeder's wing. It's tough enough being a rookie, let alone having to cover for Booth's defensive miscues.

My preferred option:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Raymond-Lapierre-Booth
Weise-Malholtra-Kassian
Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Corrado
Ballard-Alberts

Kassian can move up and down the lineup based on his play.
I agree. I personally think plopping guys in where they normally are won't work with Kesler gone-- Schroeder, Kassian, and Booth need a bit of shelter, and we really need to make use of how much it helps to have guys like Hansen/Burrows/Lapierre helping these guys out and covering their butts.

The lines are going to need to look a little jumbled and creative for this to work, IMO.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Raymond/Who cares, let'em work it out (Kassian could be worth a gamble for a short stretch, and as much as we like to trash him, Raymond worked well as a stop-gap last year and should have recovered quite a bit by now)
Burrows - Schroeder - Hansen (surround Schroeder with as much help/brains as possible-- anything with Burrows-Hansen is bound to be dynamite)
Higgins - Lapierre - Booth (just tell them to crash and try to mimick the Amex line-- Lapierre has shown that he'll play out of his mind for short stretches when needed)
Raymond/Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

It might not look right, but at least you know that your #2 and #3 lines will be able to fend for themselves and compete while still having the Sedins as the #1

I think that with Kesler gone, it would be absolutely mad not to give Lapierre a bigger role. I think this is one of those situations where you can't afford to not have the Sedins do all the heavy lifting on their line. We don't have enough depth not to spread it around.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 01-06-2013 at 11:08 PM.