View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
He signed an extension this summer to play in the KHL through the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons.
I know he signed 12-13 but i'm not positive on the 13-14. Even if he did sign for two seasons, which when reported Yahoo Sports said "looks like Caps fans will have to wait another year for Kuznetsov" he is still going to have to crack the roster at some point.

EDIT: He signed through 2014 olympics. Not sure when he is available to the NHL, but my point stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
UFAs after this season: Ribeiro, Crabb, Hendricks, Wolski, Hamrlik, Poti, Erskine, Hillen
UFAs after next season: Chimera, Schultz

Tada! I just identified the non-Beagle players to let go to make way for the steady stream of prospects that will fill the Caps' ranks.
No and no.

Why do you give me defenseman to make way for a forward? They're not getting rid of Ribeiro or Hendricks after this season. I only see Ribeiro being tossed if they win the Cup. I agree with most of those players but please, Schultz will be canned if he as another season like he did this previous. Don't kid yourself.

So you're going with Chimera, Wolski, and Ward? Figuring Chimera is far better than Beagle i'm not sure they would toss him for Beagle. I know he is LW but he can and has played RW.

Figuring Crabb is barely a starter and I gave you a list of STARTERS and you only gave me two, I think I proved my point.

Like I said, you can keep Beagle as a replacement if you like or a starter until these players come up.

Last edited by I Am Score*: 01-06-2013 at 10:09 PM.