View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I think the main thing Booth needs is to have a Ryan Kesler who is willing to distribute the puck...we can't have two head down, puck hogs playing on the same line effectively, Booth doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker but Kesler does...he just needs to be willing to make that adjustment. Booth is a very limited player, but he can still be effective as a net presence and bull in the corners if he's utilized properly. Basically he's a complimentary offensive player, not someone who drives the offense himself...if he doesn't fit with Kesler on the 2nd line, for whatever reason, he should be gone after this season...but he's pretty much the best bet we have right now...unless Kassian renders him expendable, but I think thats a year away.
I dont think his salary is a big deal, I think the line of Kassian/Kesler/Booth was good. While he may be overpaid, not overpaid enough to replace him/get rid of him, if you already have him, keep him.. When kassian gains the experience and consistent work ethic, expect how they played together to be more consistent. I love the potential of that line. I dont care if he continues to only be a 20 goal scorer and complimentary player.

now a 6th d man getting paid 4.2, thats more tough to swallow, as much as i also like ballard.

4.5 for a 2nd liner, im not too worried