View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I think the main thing Booth needs is to have a Ryan Kesler who is willing to distribute the puck...we can't have two head down, puck hogs playing on the same line effectively, Booth doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker but Kesler does...he just needs to be willing to make that adjustment. Booth is a very limited player, but he can still be effective as a net presence and bull in the corners if he's utilized properly. Basically he's a complimentary offensive player, not someone who drives the offense himself...if he doesn't fit with Kesler on the 2nd line, for whatever reason, he should be gone after this season...but he's pretty much the best bet we have right now...unless Kassian renders him expendable, but I think thats a year away.
Kassian would actually be the ideal compliment to Kesler and Booth. Pass first, great IQ, can work the cycle well, can keep up with the skating and of course has size. Here's to hoping he can improve his consistency so that our 2nd line will be a threat to score every time.