View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
It's beyond insanity. Add to the fact he's a UFA in 6 months - there might be another riot in Van if he's the main piece coming back.

We've pretty much heard his name from all reporter sources, it makes me very nervous. I'm willing to bet that if he comes to Van, in 6 months we'll be adding him to the list of names like Gragnani, Oreskovich, Pahlsson etc etc. I just can't imagine a GM like Gillis would trade his #1 goaltender for a pick, a pending UFA and something else. Clearly, that would Burke robbery.
I can see Bozak potentially being part of a deal, but merely as a warm body. With Kesler still injured and no concrete timetable for his return, this team could use another capable top 9 center, enter Bozak.

That said, no way he's the center piece or even an integral part of any Luongo trade. He's a warm body, that can fill a short term need on a short term contract, nothing more. Names such as Kadri, Kulemin, Frattin, Finn, 1st round pick(not a name I know), will be the integral pieces of any deal.