View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
nowhereman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I guess you haven't heard of this guy named Evgeni Malkin. Google him. You'll learn something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. Crosby isn't even the best player on his team, let alone the best in the league. No player will put up those numbers.
Seriously? Shiny new toy, I guess. Would you have said this a year ago, when Malkin wasn't even scoring at a PPG pace?

Malkin is NOT the best player in the league or on the Penguins. You need only have watched them, over the course of their careers.

And Crosby had 66 points in 41 games, in 2011. That's a 77 point pace, over 48 games. How is there a "zero chance" of him putting up those numbers, when got off to a slow start and still managed to put up similar numbers? OV had a similar streak the year before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
Let's see, the player that won the Art Ross (for the 2nd time last year) and also won the Hart and Lindsay trophies played on the Penguins and his name is not Crosby.

Malkin has 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Calder, 2 Art Ross trophies, 1 Hart and 1 Lindsay/ Pearson while Crosby has but 1 Art Ross, 1 Hart, 1 Pearson/ Lindsay, no Calder, no Conn Smythe and 1 Rocket Richard despite playing 8 more games than the guy that trailed him by just 1 goal for the award.
When both of them are playing and healthy, Crosby is clearly better.

And I wouldn't use Malkin's Calder against Crosby. The season Malkin won that trophy, Crosby outscored him by 35 points, even though Malkin was a year older.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote