View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:38 PM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I think if I were a star NHL'er I'd probably spend a good 5-10 minutes signing autos a day. Just part of the job, right?
You'll get the occasional Jeremy Roenick that actually goes out of his way to sign. Much more common to get players that don't like to or refuse. Yzerman was weird because he was with Shanny and I walked up to them and Shanny was going to sign and Yzerman gave me a dirty look and said "c'mon Shanny" and they just took off. I've never liked him ever since. Leclair was basically one of my all time favorites until he refused to sign for me. Only American winger ever to have three consecutive seasons with 50 or more goals. I have never really liked him since though.

FWIW, I've found NHLers to be the best signers; my cousins knows where every visiting pro team - NBA, MLB, NFL - stays and even he agrees NHLers are the most fan friendly. Sadly they are the least paid out of the four major sports.

Lastly I want to reiterate what Roenick said after the last lockout (paraphrase): NHL players need to get back on good terms with the fans, sign some autographs, and go out of their way to engage them. Always thought he was the coolest athlete ever after he said that. Maybe their PR guys will tell them to go out of their way to sign more stuff and chat it up. Who knows.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote