View Single Post
Old
01-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Olli Jokinen and Barkov are completely different players! Jokinen was a one-dimensiona,l offensive shoot-1 center. He did not have any defensive duties.

Barkov is a 2-way center. Very good in small space with his hands and size. He is playing PP, PK and u can put him on ice in any situation basically! He has very good work-ethic( something Jokinen couldnt dream about...) and an exceptional vision! He is more of a passer than shooter, but also possesses a good shot. He does a lot of dirty work in the corners, infront of goal(scores rebounds) and is really good at takeaways!
I won't dispute the FEL, you guys see him play, I know I was somewhat left wanting from his play at the Worlds, he needs to improve his skating for one, and his play looked lethargic at times. He does display good vision but again it was over limited viewing so I will take the Finnish fans words for it. Jokinen is a rougher player, this I can safely surmise is one advantage he has over Barkov. Is this a fair analysis? In the NHL this is an asset.