View Single Post
01-07-2013, 12:49 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Thanks, Reason I asked is I wanted a comparable player to Barkov playing in SM Liiga in his draft year, Jokinen is the closest I could find he had 41 points in 50 games and was a high pick by Florida that summer. Both have similar stats PPG wise. Obviously haven't watched many Tappara games and it wasn't until this tourney until I saw Barkov play. Need some impartial Finnish fans to comment on his play.
I believe that Mikko Koivu is closest to Barkov in overall game, as competitive and as hard working for same age. I believe that Barkov is still better in defensive game than Mikko Koivu was in the same age. Koivu posted 1 point in 21 games is FEL in his draft year. Barkov is quite special prospect for finnish standards. He is already leader of his team, playing in every situation, putting great effort offensively. Most important player in that team. Already the smartest player of FEL as 17 year old and has clearly highest hockeyIQ even if we counted the NHL players that played FEL this year.

I doubt that there is any other prospect ever that has played as high role in european top league in the draft year. Barkov is doing history already and NHL scouts will notice it.