View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 12:02 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
So his 55 Pts in 33 Czech Extraliga games (played on the smaller NHL size rinks) means nothing to you?

So because he's old, his production overseas means nothing but someone like Tavares or even Karlsson who played in leagues a tad bit below the level of hockey in the Czech Republic and played well, are ready?

Jagr dominated overseas at a level only Malkin dominated at so far this year (and Malkin is wildly regarded as the best player in the world). He's seriously in the best shape he has been in since his first season in New York. Malkin also played with Mozyakin who put up similar points to Malkin while Jagr led his team in goals, assists and points despite playing with Plekanec. Guys like Krejci and Hemsky who are both great players and are a decade younger than Jagr couldn't put up the points Jagr did in the Czech Extraliga.

Dallas will look to him to play big minutes and lead their offense and powerplay as opposed to playing a secondary role in Philly and he will surprise a lot of people in North America. Of course the NHL game is different but give credit where credit is due. Jagr has been flat out dominant in the Czech league, there is no other way to describe his play there.

Check out this video and tell me if he doesn't look impressive despite his age and despite the fact that it wasn't the NHL?

Damn, you are really starting to get my mind changed. I don't still believe that Jagr will be taking the Art Ross ( would be amazing if he did tough) but maybe he really gets up flying and ends up in top-10. Not too much of a stretch, was Selanne the same age as Jagr now when he finished 8th? I see Jagr having good case since he is having a great start in the Extraleague. With short season he can pull of a small surprise and end up high.

I think the aggressive schedule might be his downfall. Not too much time to recover and the intensity of games is at top from the start.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote