Thread: Pre-Game Talk: 2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:08 AM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Feebster- What do you think of Marko Dano? Would you be disappointed if the Canucks used a late 1st rd pick on him?
I've gotten around to watching the Slovakia games so i can finally answer your question.

I thought his best game was against Canada and his worst was against the USA. But nonetheless, I agree, he impressed me for a guy who was not ranked in the top 3 rounds prior to this tournament. He was easily the best player for Slovakia and was a driving force for his line every shift.

I remember in another thread you may have compared him to Hodgson IIRC. I can see it, but i think Dano also has a fiestiness that Hodgson has never shown. That fiestiness is good and bad. He channelled it well against Team Canada by being relentless on the forecheck and in puck battles. However, it sort of came off the rails in the USA game. He took 3 avoidable penalties and got away a couple too. But he was still noticeable in that game for good reasons too.

He is a smart player, who can really shoot it. Perhaps not like Hodgson, but i'd still consider his shot a strength. Skilled with the puck and rarely stops working. Needs to work on his foot speed.

I'd take him in the mid to late 2nd. That's no slight on him, its just a deep draft. And its still early.

I put my video on the mainboards if you are interested.