View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Setoguchi and Clutterbuck's name always seem to come up in proposals since they are our two most tradeable players. However, I feel like only one could be made available. If you had to pick, which one?

Personally - I would trade Setoguchi and keep Clutterbuck. Seto doesn't seem like he wants to stay in Minnesota, and has yet to recreate the 30 goal season he had. I understand he is young but something just tells me he is going to be a 20-30 guy that sees a lot of teams in his career and someone that frustrates the hell out of you. Furthermore, I don't think he can play a bottom 6 role unless you roll three scoring lines.
Both are staying for a while. Seto may have initially been upset about the trade, but there is little proof now that he is still unhappy here. Since that trade, the Wild have brought in two of his best buds here in Heater and Mitchell. That tri-fecta was close in San Jose. In fact, Seto and Mitchell lived together for 3 years in Cali. And we still can't draw too many conclusions from his performance last year since he wasn't able to train in the summer due to his accident. We're also a very different team since he joined us...meaning that he not only gets to play with his close friends, but we've also taken a big step towards improving with the addition of Suter and Parise along with the youth (Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, etc) coming up through the pipeline. The outlook has changed quite a bit in a hurry. I'd like to see what he can do, and I'd like to think he's gotta be curious about the new changes.

Next summer may see one of them moving though.

Last edited by NHL1674: 01-07-2013 at 01:26 AM.
NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote