View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post
He didn't set the league on fire no but he did have 41 Pts in his first 40 games before his injury which was good enough for 9th in league scoring at that point and this was despite having taken a good 10 games to simply regain his timing for the faster NHL game after being away from it for 3 seasons in the KHL where the pace of the game is slower due to the larger ice surfaces. Jagr didn't prepare himself well for the game last season as he was 240 lbs and he thought the game was still the way it was when he left it in 2007-08 when he would just use his body and size along the boards and play a cycle game. He admitted this himself.

He lost the weight and dropped down to 220 lbs in the offseason for a reason. http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/playerupdate?playerId=405&wjb=

... but I guess most hockey experts have no idea what they are talking about right? I don't see Hemsky and Krejci who are both a decade younger than Jagr if not more putting up those kinds of numbers in the same league this year.
Okay I won't hold you to Jagr winning the Art Ross which was obviously a joke on your part right, but he isn't even going tob e in the top 20 in scoring.

Do you even watch the NHL or do you live in some past universe where Jagr and his mullet are still powering through the players in the 90's?

Jagr was a complimentary player in Philly last season pure and simple.

Good for his age but not Art Ross worthy.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote