View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 02:08 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post

I assume this is a joke, right?

The flashy wingers tend to put up more points in Rookie-yrs. I`d expect Barkov to put up 40-50p, playing 13-15min/g, 2nd-3rd line duties. This assuming he gets 2nd pp-time. He will also probably play 2nd PK-unit. In a few years, when he has put up more muscle and speed, I expect him to be a Selke-caliber playmaking center with 70-90p.
Pretty good projection. i think that Barkov could hit 60 if he is given good linemates and PP time. Barkovs game translates perfectly to the NHL tho. Simple and very effective, scores alot of NHL-like goals from rebounds and can snipe it. Let's remember that Barkov is playmaker who is very good goalscorer. I could see Barkov scoring 20-30 goals in his rookie year and having 20-35 assists just because that he's game is NHL-like and he's getting NHL-level linemates. But Barkov is going to play alot of PK and shutting down top players. I could see Barkov having similar developement in NHL like in FEL. Barkov had to adjust playing against men an had 0.5PPG as an 16 year old after 1 year experience his production has almost doubled. Could see Barkov scoring 40+pts in his rookie year in NHL and after that 60-80.