View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I don't think the Sens particularly need Mason Raymond, even though he gets more flack than he deserves. Could maybe use Keith Ballard, but I'm not sure Sens ownership wants to invest that much money in a #4-#6 defender.
Kind of what I thought. I mean Foligno and Raymond, I thought, would make a potent winger duo, but...where on the Sens line up?

As for Ballard, I think a change of scenery gets him to that #4 spot, and long term, could back up Karlsson as a replacement to Gonchar's offence...but with nice big body checks for a little guy.

Neither are particularly stellar players, but they put in solid work night to night, and both need a fresh start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I suspect Murray would offer up more than Condra and a 4th but I can't think what. Most of the guys on the team are guys who he really wants on the team. Maybe a 3rd, Gryba and Petersson. Or something. We don't have many expendable assets for salary dumps, although I do agree they could both be welcome additions.
That's the million dollar question to me. If we took Condra, who takes Raymonds' 2/3 winger spot, we need either something new (a 3rd line center...still), or a bottom pairing defender...at which point I ask why we make the trade (unless Murray or other Sens boosters know something we Canucks fans don't ).

A higher pick, say a 2nd? Sure, but then back to Stempniaksen's comments...why do the Sens do this (unless we Canucks fans know something the Sens fans don't)?

I mean clearing 6.475 million before what we take back is tempting, but it doesn't serve a purpose until next years cap drop, when we can buy out Ballard (if need be) and let Raymond walk.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote