View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 04:42 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Detroit has lost Lidström. Nashville has lost Suter. The Blues have added Tarasenko and Schwartz, and their young core has one more year of maturity and experience, so should be improving more than teams full of veterans. In addition, The Blues youth will allow them to better withstand the lack of rest the compressed schedule brings. They also are now used to Hitch's system, and will play well in it from the start of the season. Last season, they won a LOT higher % of their games after getting used to the new system. I see The Blues as the clear favourite.
1) Nik wasn't that good anymore and they still have a good team
2)they still have Rinne...and Weber
3)when I predicted us to finish 2nd in the central I wasn't thinking of the teams you mentioned, Chicago should be our biggest rival this year, especially with a healthy Toews

And yes, its great to have a young core but a short season is IMO better for vet-loaded teams

For sure you are right with your statements, with the quality and depth we have the sky is the limit, I just don't set the expectations to high coz in a season like this anything can happen.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote