View Single Post
Old
01-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Always had a feeling Sauer's concussion was worse than what was speculated. I was expecting him to be back to start the 13-14 season but on second thought right now considering how out of the question he is, we'll be lucky to have him in the equation come playoff 13-14? Wouldn't want to throw a recovered player into the playoffs either so 14-15?

He could always recover quickly this season and gear up for the next but doesn't seem too likely if I had to guess.

I don't know why it "doesn't seem likely" to you. We don't have any medical information. On the one hand, he's not retiring, which is good. On the other, he's not going to be back this year, which is bad. Where is he? Nobody knows.

The Rangers will need to evaluate him in June to figure out if they should qualify his contract or to let him go UFA. If they determine he can be ready at any point next season before the playoffs, they should qualify him because it would save them a draft pick in acquiring a kid like him for the Cup run.

But if he's nowhere near close to returning by June, he should consider retiring. By then, he will have been out for a year and a half. If that's not enough time to show a lot of progress, he will never recover.